Coronavirus – Actions Being Taken by Kokoro Assisted Living
We are closely monitoring the ongoing situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and realize how concerning the outbreak is for Kokoro Assisted Living residents, customers, and staff. We are being proactive and diligent in our efforts to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in our communities and sites.
What Kokoro Assisted Living is doing:
- Vendors, home health providers, visitors, and staff have been instructed to refrain from entering our communities or sites if they have symptoms of respiratory illness or have traveled to countries within the Level 2 or Level 3 virus spread.
- We are emphasizing to residents and customers the necessity to self-isolate if they have any cold or flu symptoms.
- Our staff members are firmly committed to not coming to work if they have flu symptoms. Clearance from a medical professional may be required before staff return to work.
- Leadership is closely reviewing our well-documented infection control protocols and ensuring our communities and sites are fully prepared in the event of an emergency.
- Our staff members receive in-service training and updated information about COVID-19.
- Our staff members are working to keep communities and sites stocked with medical supplies and sanitizing agents/products. Staff are spending additional time wiping down surfaces with proper cleaning agents.
- We are actively tracking the latest updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the California Department of Public Health.
- Everyone is encouraged to respectfully (and immediately) say something if they encounter any staff, visitor, vendor, resident, or customer who appears to have symptoms and is in a public area.
- As many of you have noticed, we first placed the notice at the main door on February 6th. The severity of the Coronavirus has continued to grow in the past few weeks. Therefore, we replaced the sign with simpler and more direct instructions. The sign was also posted on the garage gate.
- Residents were notified that some activities in coming weeks/months may be cancelled or changed.
Our teams will continue to monitor local and national reports on COVID-19 and will share regular updates. For the most up-to-date news about COVID-19, please visit these websites:
CDC Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019:
World Health Organization Coronavirus Disease Outbreak:
California Department of Public Health: Novel Coronavirus:
The health and safety of staff, residents, and customers is our priority. Staying calm, communicating often, and sharing ideas we are implementing in our respective areas will strengthen our efforts.
Naoko Jones, Executive Director